We’ve been improving and adding functionalities to Maptionnaire Community Engagement Platform. Here are the latest updates!
- Maptionnaire now fills all the requirements of A-level as well as AA-level of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1.). Our service is one of the few in Finland that fills all the requirements for accessibility. We have been working hard to improve for example keyboard navigating and voice over issues for better accessibility.
- Please note that background maps and other web-based map services are not compatible with assistive technology. Due to this map-based parts of Maptionnaire are inherently incompatible with certain accessibility tools such as screen readers. This is an issue that we at Maptionnaire unfortunately cannot work around, and for this reason, the EU Accessibility Directive and the Finnish Act on the Provision of Digital Services explicitly exempt map-based web services.
- A new feature has been added that allows you to group translated versions of pages. This allows the user to easily switch between the translated versions and ensures that only a single language version needs to be displayed on the Team front page.
- There now exists the option to use a page you build with the Webpage builder as the front page for your Team. Option can be found under Team settings’ "Information" tab.
- We’ve also improved a few language related issues such as seamless languages switching in the editor, as well as updated translations for all of the 41 languages we provide out-of-the-box
- There is now a "Help" menu next to the "User" menu with relevant links to our support manual for additional help with Maptionnaire.